Enjoy the collaboration of a mind-blogging sci-fi backstory and a puzzle game with Lightmatter — a first-person game where shadows kill you. Watch your step or be swallowed by the darkness! Immerse yourself in a mysterious experimental facility made by a mad inventor who has created the ultimate power source called Lightmatter.
- Carefully explore the premises as you solve challenging puzzles
- Master different light sources to survive
- Go through unending tunnels & rooms
- Witness mind-bending technological wonders until you finally discover the mad scientist's hidden plot
Here's a short letter from Virgil, CEO of Lightmatter Technologies
About the Game
If you are reading this, you are quite fortunate.
You have been personally invited to the world debut of Lightmatter—the greatest breakthrough in renewable energy since the sun was born. I know. You must barely be able to contain your excitement.
This invitation includes a one-hour tour through my facility, a ten-second glance at the launch of Lightmatter, as well as five seconds of eye contact—with me. If that is not enough, bring your wallet. An investment will give you the full tour and prolong our time together. If you behave, I will even let you shake my hand.
During the tour, you will witness mind-bending technological wonders. They might force you to think in ways that are difficult for you. But don’t worry, you will come out a smarter human being. The only thing I ask of you before you enter my facility, is to embrace the future, open your mind, and your backpack. Yes, cameras, journals, and other useless items will be confiscated by James, my head of security. Don’t try to shake his hand, he might break yours.
CEO, Lightmatter Technologies
PS: During your visit, you might stumble into our cat, Lux. So if you experience skin rashes, headaches, or hair-loss keep in mind that you might be allergic to cats.
- Release date: January 15, 2020
- Developer: Tunnel Vision Games
- Publisher: Aspyr
- Type: Adventure, Indie
- ESRB (US): Everyone 10+
- PEGI (EU): 12
- RARS (Russia): 12+
- ACB (Australia): M - Recommended for mature audiences
- USK (Germany): 12
- Supported languages: English, Danish, French, Italian, German, Spanish-Spain, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Portuguese-Brazil
Get a full preview of Lightmatter here
BitSummit Official Selection
Semi-Finalist - 2019 Tencent GWB Game Awards
Nominee - "Best PC Game", 2019 Game Connection Paris
Nominee - "Best Hardcore Game", 2019 Game Connection Paris
- Presenter & Nominee - 2018 IndieCade Europe, Paris